Playhouse

Huntington Playhouse 1

About

The Huntington Playhouse was established in 1958 and sits on the site of John Huntington's carriage house. It started as a small summer theater, and grew into a place with a 240-seat auditorium. The Playhouse had its last season in 2015. In the summer of 2017 BAYarts began working to clean out the venue. The goal of BAYarts is to renovate the former Playhouse, so it can be used on the Arts campus for classrooms and events.

 

Updates

August 9-12 - Playhouse Liquidation Sale

August 1st - Press: BAYarts Takes on the Playhouse - Westlake-Bay Village Observer

July 17, 2017 - Clean-up begins on interior prop pieces.

Naming Rights

BAYarts has retained award-winning architect John Williams of Progress Creative; nationally known for innovative work with non-profits and commercial venues. The project is contingent upon funding and resources that will serve a long-term vision. To achieve the vision of transforming the former Huntington Playhouse into the new Center for Arts & Culture, we are asking our closest friends to support this project, especially those who were pivotal in the 2005 renovation of BAYarts. Nearly 70 years since its inception, we have the opportunity now to complete the transformation of the BAYarts campus, bringing its fullest potential to the community. To learn the details, please CLICK HERE.

A Zero Waste Campus
footericonhours
HOURS
OFFICE AND SHOP:
Mon - Sat 9 to 5 Thurs til 8 pm
Closed Sundays
FULLER HOUSE:
Mon - Sat 9 to 3
or by appointment
footericonaddress
28795 Lake Road
Bay Village, Ohio 44140
footericonphone
440-871-6543
footericonemail
Info@BAYarts.net
footericondonate
Donate
footericonspacer
© Copyright 2016 BAYarts | Privacy | Diversity | Terms of Use